We’re often asked about the benefits of private maternity. For most women, an important advantage is the continuity of care. Being able to choose their own obstetrician - a specialist to be there throughout their journey - is comforting for many.
There are many benefits of choosing private;
- Choose your own obstetrician. We work with a team of highly skilled specialist consultants who are experienced in every type of pregnancy from low-risk to complex births, twins and IVF babies. You’re in good hands at Darwin Private Maternity.
- Your own private room. Your own calm and relaxing space with ensuite for those precious early days with baby
- Partners can stay. To be there for you and bub
- The food. We love delicious, nutritious food. Each sitting from breakfast, lunch and dinner to morning and afternoon tea, will be surprising and scrumptious.
- Special Care Nursery. Peace of mind with access to Special Care Nursery if needed. Here babies are given individualised care by dedicated nurses. Mums can board with us for free allowing them to stay close to baby and continue contact and breastfeeding 24 hours a day. You don’t need to go home or travel far to be with baby.
- Option to self fund. If you don’t have private health insurance you can still have your baby with us with a self-funded maternity option. For local and overseas mums.
For more information about the benefits of choosing maternity, please call the Jabiru Maternity Ward on 08 8920 6066.