Interested in a diverse yet personalised graduate experience?
Our Graduate Program assists you to make the transition from student nurse/midwife to an independent professional in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- A structured graduate program
- A supportive graduate network
- A Mentorship Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 Clinical rotations for Acute Medical/Surgical and Sub-Acute Medical/Rehabilitation programs
- Specialty Program (Mental Health and Perioperative) available to suitable candidates
Graduates are our future and we offer access to all clinical areas of the hospital as well as support for post-graduate programs in clinical specialties after successful completion of your graduate year (Scholarship post-graduate study is available to Australian citizens and residents only).
|Applications open||August 2022|
|Unsuccessful applicants notified||October|
|Short list for interview||October/November|
|1st Round Offers||November – Applicants have one week to accept in writing|
|2nd Round Offers||November/December – Applicants have one week to accept in writing|
|Graduate Program commences||6 March 2023 – DPH Graduate Program has ONE yearly Intake|
The Graduate Program at Darwin Private Hospital is aimed at enhancing the professional development of each graduate by:
- Recognising and incorporating individual learning needs and personal attributes into a responsive supported education program
- Facilitating the transition from student to registered practitioner in a supportive clinical environment, utilising clinical teachers, peer support and mentorship
- Providing documented evidence of each graduate’s experience as part of their professional portfolio development
To be eligible for the program you must complete all clinical placements and hold AHPRA Registration prior to the Graduate Program commencement Date.
Applications open August 3rd 2022, for the March 2023 program and, must be submitted via the Healthscope Careers website: https://careers.healthscope.com.au/
Items to include in your application are:
- Letter of application including reason why you wish to join our program and indicating if you have a particular area of clinical interest
- Curriculum vitae including contact details of 2 referees. One referee must be a clinical teacher, preceptor or other senior nurse that you have reported to during a clinical placement
- Academic Transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- Copies of three recent clinical placement assessments
Zoe Boyle, Clinical Nurse Educator
Darwin Private Hospital
Tel: (08) 8920 6026