Online childbirth and parenting education course
When you birth at Darwin Private Hospital, you get access to our paid online childbirth and parenting education course, delivered in partnership with Birth Beat.
About the course
In this course, you’ll discover everything you need to know about labour and birthing with us. It also gives you practical advice to prepare yourself for early parenthood.
- Midwife-led, practical, evidence-based information
- Receive regular check-ins and live Q&A support from registered midwives
- Learn at your own pace from home
- Access over 12-hours of video content, a downloadable guide and checklists
- Connect with other parents birthing at Darwin Private Hospital.
- Prenatal yoga, meditation and relaxation
- Understanding your body and the three stages of labour
- Medical and natural pain relief options
- Birth positions and exercises to make your labour more comfortable
- Breathing and pushing in labour and what to expect
- Caesarean births and epidurals
- Inductions of labour
- Caring for your newborn, breastfeeding, sleep and settle
- Bonus birth stories and videos.
When to join
We recommend joining this course anywhere from 12 weeks. You’ll get 12-months access so you can revisit and re-watch as many times as you wish.
$397. Rebates provided by most Australian private health funds via your private health insurance health. Afterpay available. Cost subject to change without notice.